The MD Harris Institute Wealth (MDHIW) provides individual and organizational education on a wide range of concerns, including finance, operations, marketing, logistics, and leadership. We have worked with organizations from businesses to churches to fire departments to schools. MDHIW strives for a wise direction of Prayer and Resources.
Profitable investing includes two major parts. The first is the technical analysis, which identifies the optimal portfolio composition for each investor. Second is the subjective analysis, in which investors identify their personal investment goals, risk tolerance, funds, time, and willingness to actively manage their portfolio. Finance professionals personalize education and recommendations to their clients needs and wants.
We are concerned about justice in business operations. Shareholders, especially those holding minority interests, must be treated fairly. Management has no right to deceive or misuse the resources of investors and lenders. Cutting off financial services to certain organizations like fossil fuel or churches simply because of their nature is wrong. MDHI Wealth works to rectify these situations.
To improve your organization and/or your own financial situation, peruse the hundreds of articles on business and other topics. Then contact Dr. Harris at MDHarrisInstitute@gmail.com to arrange a free consultation.
Business Services Offered
- Articles on business, money, and related topics.
- Cultural and religious diversity education
- Financial valuation
- Forecasting and analysis, US and global.
- Fund raising
- Investment project analysis (NPV, IRR)
- Leadership Development and Governance
- Lean Six Sigma process optimization (distribution, manufacturing, marketing, and supply chain)
- Research (case study, cross-sectional, statistical data analysis including uni-, bi- and multivariate, parametric and non-parametric techniques).
- General financial consultation (individuals, families, and organizations)
- Investment monitoring and education (stocks, bonds, commercial paper, munis, mutual funds, real estate, others)
- Seminars at churches and other organizations.
- Active management
- Value criteria (low P/E, high B/M, low stock price compared to historical record, and low market capitalization)
- Global, diversified, multimodal portfolio (stocks, bonds, futures, currencies, options, derivatives, etc.).
- Smaller and emerging market investments with less public information are higher risk but offer opportunities.
- Firms rated as “most admired” often provide poorer risk adjusted returns than firms ranked lower.
- Extensive use of Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and other investigatory techniques.
- Passive management
- For 70-90% of assets, depending on investor desires.
- Maximize diversification to minimize risk, especially company-specific risk. Vehicles include index funds.
“For where a man’s treasure is, there is his heart also.” MDHI Wealth helps followers of Christ, and those who do not yet know Him, manage their money, their careers, and their businesses in ways that glorify God and sustain man. Contact us at email@example.com for information.
This is not financial advice, and you should not rely on this analysis to buy or sell any stock. We are not undertaking to induce you to buy or sell any securities. We are relying on the “publisher’s exclusion” in the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 to provide this information without any personalized or individualized investment advice. MDHI Wealth is an educational and consultative group and not a brokerage or appraisal firm. We do not provide SEC-regulated investment recommendations. We are not certified appraisers. Neither the MDHIW nor anyone affiliated with it are registered with the SEC.
MDHI Group articles may contain statements which, to the extent they are not statements of historical or present fact, constitute “forward-looking statements” under the securities laws.
- Bloomberg – News
- CNBC – News
- CNN Money – News
- Dun and Bradstreet – company credit ratings
- Financial Pipeline (FINPIPE) – education
- FINRA – Broker-Dealer industry watchdog
- Fitch – Ratings
- Fox Business – News
- Google Finance – Company Metrics
- Grant’s Interest Rate Observer
- International Monetary Fund – international governmental funding
- Investopedia – Basic Information about Investing
- McKinsey – Management
- Moody’s – Business Research
- National Association for Business Economics
- National Association of Manufacturers
- National Association of Realtors
- PriceWaterhouseCoopers (PWC) – Business Analysis
- Standard and Poor – Ratings, Indices and Data
- World Bank – international finance
- Yahoo Finance – Company Metrics
Organization and Consumer Protection Resources
- BrokerCheck – Find the best financial managers
- Bureau of Consumer Protection – Help with problems on a wide variety of products
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Help with problems from financial institutions
- Incloudcounsel – Repetitive, high volume legal work
- Finviz – Tracking insider trading
- Open Insider – Tracking insider trading
- RIP Medical Debt – Organization that buys medical debt for pennies on the dollar for the purpose of forgiving it.
- SmartCheck – US government site for checking financial professionals
- US Food and Drug Administration – Get safe food, drugs, and other products
- We-Work – On demand office space, mail services and networking
Investments, Fund Raising, and Loan Resources
- Candid – non-profit groups providing grants
- GoFundMe – General Project Funding
- Kickstarter – Creative Project Funding
- Prosper – Peer to Peer lending
- SeedInvest – Crowdsourced investment services
- US Federal Government Grants
Open Source Intelligence and Global Surveillance
- Air traffic
- Bellingcat OSINT
- Fire Information for Resource Management System (FIRMS)
- Global Investigative Journalism Network
- Google Earth
- Google Maps
- Marine traffic
- Military Twitter – China, Russia (Rybar)
- Satellite tracking, identification and information
- Zoom weather
Economic and Financial Routine Reporting
- Conference Board
- Institute for Supply Management
- National Association of Realtors
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics
- US Commerce Department
- US Federal Reserve
- US Labor Department
Marketplace (Entertainers and Speakers)
- BigSpeak – Keynote and Motivational Speakers
- Christian Speaker Services
- National Speakers Bureau
- Ram Entertainment – Live Music and Main Event Entertainment
- The Bash (formerly Gigmasters) – Bands, Comedy, Magic, Dancers, and Specialty Acts
- Washington Speakers Bureau
Marketplace (Luxury and Real Estate)
- Blade – Multimodal transportation (air, sea, ground)
- Butler for You – Butlers, maids, and other personal service staff
- Century 21 – commercial
- FlexJet – Aircraft share, use
- GetMyBoat – Boat rentals worldwide (171 countries)
- International Domestic Placement Group – Butlers, maids, and other domestic staff
- LoopNet – commercial
- Nanny and Butler – Butlers, maids, and other personal service staff
- NetJets – Aircraft share, lease, use
- Pavilion Agency – Butlers, maids, and other personal service staff
- Polo and Tweed – Butlers, maids, and other personal service staff
- Stratos Jet Charters – tickets for empty seats on private jets
- ThirdHome – home sharing