Please contact us with a question, concern, idea, event request, or prayer request. Provide the information below.
Ahlan wa sahlan (Arabic), Baruch haba (Hebrew), Bienvenido (Spanish), Bienvenue (French), Dobro požalovat’ (Russian), Huanyong guanglin (Mandarin), Khosh amadid (Persian), Svagat (Hindi), Wilkommen (German)! (Translate page with box at right)
Welcome to the MD Harris Institute! Since 2011 we have educated, encouraged, and edified our visitors, over 7000 per month from more than 160 countries, so that all may walk in the truth. Our staff have traveled in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Central Asia to engage people, pastors, patients, businesses, and governments to bring teaching, health, economic support, and to promote freedom. Finally, MD Harris Institute staff conduct research and publish on the topics that you find on this website.
Other contributors and members at the MD Harris Institute include Susan Harding, Dr. Eleanor Henry, and several others. Dr. Chad Moutray, Col (Ret) John Venable and Mr. Peter Roff graciously provide material.
How to find something at the MD Harris Institute
- Type a key word into the Search box to the right
- Click on one of the categories in the menu at the top of the page and scroll down to find an article of interest
- Search the archives to the right by month
Supporting the MD Harris Institute
Readers sometimes ask what they can do to support our work at the MD Harris Institute. While just visiting our site and being built up by our work is enough, here are some other tangible ways to help strengthen our efforts:
- “Like” our articles
- Attend the events that we sponsor.
- Make constructive comments and correct bona fide errors. We are always looking to improve.
- Tell your family and friends about the MD Harris Institute and pass our work on to others
- Support the MD Harris Institute team in prayer.
- Contact us to let us know what you are doing and to ask for prayer, blessings, or encouragement.
- Take care of the needy in your community, both physically and spiritually
- Give financial support to the MD Harris Institute (not yet tax deductible), your local church or favorite charity.
Our team pronounces Chen Shalom and Charis Eirene on each person who visits the MD Harris Institute, and each one who is influenced by our work.
The MD Harris Institute Commercial Services
Photography – All of the images are property of the MD Harris Institute. They were taken by Mark Harris, Susan Harding, or Matt Arends. The images are for sale, however, for institutional or individual use. Please see the Shop page.
Public speaking – Dr. Harris teaches on Medicine, Leadership, Christianity, World Religions and Cultures, Missions, Military Matters, and other topics. If you wish to have him address your group, please contact us.
Information on Essays and Other Items
- To promote readability and in accordance with traditional English usage, contributors to the MD Harris Institute often use the masculine pronouns “he” or “his” in contexts that could refer to either men or women. In other contexts “his” or “her” or both are used. This usage is in no way intended to give offense to members of either sex.
- Medical information provided herein is general in nature and in no way establishes a physician-patient relationship between the author and the reader. Advice provided is not intended to replace that of the reader’s health care provider. Readers are encouraged to seek care for any personal health complaints.
- Financial and other information provided herein is also general in nature and in no way constitutes a formal financial or legal recommendation to any readers. Please seek advice from a certified financial planner, lawyer or other expert in the area of your concern.
- Opinions expressed are solely those of the contributors and do not reflect the official positions of any government, church or institution other than the MD Harris Institute.
- Unless otherwise noted, every article, photograph or other item on this website is the creation of the MD Harris Institute and the property thereof.
How to Get More
The team at the MD Harris Institute wants to improve the lives of our readers, viewers, listeners, and other users. We regularly receive good feedback from our users:
- Many receive new insights from the Bible, science, history, and other sources.
- Many find resources to improve their skills in archery, martial arts, music, and other areas. Music leaders find songs with chords that they can use.
- Some gain peace, healing, and greater productivity from immersing themselves for a few seconds in the beautiful images of nature.
- Some are encouraged and entertained with the music.
- Many enjoy better health and fitness from the exercises and other medical information.
- Some learn how to have stronger families and other relationships.
- Quite a number report that they have become more successful at work.
- Students and other researchers find information that they can cite in their work.
- Many better understand how their lives fit into the greater world and all of history by considering the conditions, events and people of the past.
- Some find holidays and other commemorations more meaningful from doing the devotionals and other activities.
- Many find a one stop source for Emergency, Employment, Entertainment, Health Care, Science, Sports, and other websites in the Virtual Centers.
- Anyone who acts in accordance with what they find here, insofar as it is consistent with God as revealed in the Bible and in the natural world, will receive abundant life now and in eternity (John 10:10).
Some people visit the MD Harris Institute out of curiosity, but some people want to get more, much more. If you do, follow the tips below:
- Articles – Read them carefully, thinking clearly about what is said. Read them repeatedly, because you will find new insights with each reading. Look up related information to connect the new knowledge with what you already know. Give us feedback, especially on any factual errors.
- Databases – you may cite information contained therein provided you identify MDHarrisMD.com or the MD Harris Institute as the source.
- Natural images – Imagine yourself in the picture, standing in the meadow, climbing the mountain or splashing in the water on a hot day. Do this for 30-60 seconds for each picture.
- Historical images – Consider your life and work and imagine how you fit into the flow of history. If you are in the US military, you are a direct descendent of soldiers of the past. If you are in medicine, you are a child of the giants of yesteryear. If you are a Christian, the Ancient Near East is your religious birthplace. If you are an American, Washington DC is your national treasure. No matter who you are, there is some history here to which you are a part.
- Music – Close your eyes, take a few moments, and fill yourself with the music. Music has proven valuable in easing pain (audioanalgesia) as well as improving mood. If you sing or play an instrument, sing, and play the songs and chords. Lead others.
- Skills – Many articles and pictures teach skills. Do them.
- Pray – Ask God to reveal the truths that are here to you. Ask Him to help you make whatever life changes are needed. Pray for us.
Like all of life, it takes work. But the man who hikes the farthest and climbs the highest gets the most spectacular view. He will ascend to heights and see sights that few others dare to reach. Seize the Day!
The MD Harris Institute features hundreds of photographs, with images ranging from archaeology to the military to medicine. Most of the pictures, however, are of nature. Research has proved that looking at natural scenes, even if only pictures, has important health effects:
- Decreases stress
- Improves blood pressure
- Reduces fatigue
- Heightens productivity
Take some time to lose yourself in the natural beauty you find here, and feel your mental health getting better. Let us know if you would like to purchase one or more photographs.