Matt Arends Photography
World AnniversaryBattle of Marj DabiqAugust 24th, 20172 days to go.
Prayer focuses the power of God on the problems of man. We at the MD Harris Institute pray in word, in image, and in song. We pray in the power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ and in accordance with the Holy Bible. We pray informed by science, by medicine, and by history. Contact us on the Comment Page. The more specific you are, the more effective intercession will be. Be honest, lest your duplicity bring a curse upon you. Prayer is not something to be trifled with.
Need a blessing?
Something good happened to you? Graduation? Getting married? Having a baby? Buying a house? Anniversary? Good diagnosis?
Something bad happened to you? Divorce? Unemployed? Broken relationship? Bad diagnosis? Funeral?
Contact us. The more specific you are, the more effective your blessing will be. In addition to praying for you, provide your mailing address and we will send a letter with a written blessing. Bear in mind that we will bless you as God speaks to us, not necessarily as you may expect or even desire.
Team members at the MD Harris Institute do not curse others (Luke 6:28, Romans 12:14). However, we do pray against evil and against evildoers.
Counsel focuses the wisdom of God on the problems of man (James 1:5-7). Let us know about what is vexing you and we will respond with good counsel – applicable passages from the Bible, articles from the MD Harris Institute, and wisdom from other sources. We will also pray for divine wisdom for you.
Calendar Highlights 2017
- 4 Jun – Whitsunday/Pentecost (celebration of the coming of the Holy Spirit)
- 11 Jun – Trinity Sunday (first Sunday after Pentecost, celebrating the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost)
- 14 Jun – Flag Day and US Army birthday
- 18 Jun – Corpus Christi (second Sunday after Pentecost, honoring the Holy Eucharist)
- 21 Jun – Summer solstice (0024 EDT)
- 28 Jun – Tau Day, the other circle constant (6.28318)
- 3 Jul – Aphelion (earth is farthest from the sun, 94,505,982 million miles)
- 4 Jul – Independence Day
- 22 Jul – Pi Approximation Day (22/7 in military and European notation)
- 7 Aug – Partial eclipse of the moon
- 21 Aug – Total eclipse of the sun
- 4 Sep – Labor Day
- 8 Sep – Gravity Day (9.8 m/s2 is the gravitational acceleration at sea level averaged across the earth
- 18 Sep – US Air Force birthday
- 20 Sep – Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year, day of shouting/blasting, Yom Teruah (יוֹם תְּרוּעָה))
- 22 Sep – Autumnal equinox (1602 EDT)
- 29 Sep – Yom Kippur (Jewish Day of Atonement)
- 8 Oct – Light Speed Day (3×108 m/s)
- 9 Oct – Columbus Day
- 10 Oct – Powers of 10 Day (10/10)
- 13 Oct – US Navy birthday
- 19 Oct – Diwali (Hindu festival of lights, celebrating the victory of good over evil)
- 19 Oct – Diwali (Jain festival of lights, marking the attainment of moksha by the fordmaker Mahavira)
- 19 Oct – Diwali (Newar Buddhist (Vajrayana Buddhism – Kathmandu, Nepal) celebration by worshipping Lakshmi)
- 19 Oct – Bandi Chhor Divas (Sikh festival commemorating the release of Hargobind/Gwalior, the sixth Guru, from Mughal imprisonment)
- 23 Oct – Mole Day (Avogadro’s number is 6×1023)
- 31 Oct – Halloween
- 10 Nov – US Marine Corp birthday
- 11 Nov – Veteran’s Day
- 23 Nov – Thanksgiving Day
- 23 Nov – Fibonacci Day (Fibonacci sequence is 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34… It describes many natural phenomena)
- 3 Dec – First Sunday of Advent (the celebration of the coming of Christ)
- 12 Dec – Chanukah (Jewish festival of lights, celebration of the Maccabees’ victory over Antiochus IV Epiphanes )
- 12 Dec – Gross Day (12×12)
- 21 Dec – Winter solstice (1128 EDT)
- 25 Dec – Christmas Day